“Project Kickoff Meeting of Forest Fire Protection” article is about the first Transnational Project Meeting (TPM) of the Erasmus+ funded project.
European Commission’s support for the production of this content does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.Erasmus+
Project Kickoff Meeting: Preparations
Firstly, as a newcomer organization, we know a post like this will help other new actors in the field. Secondly, consider every feedback comment in this post from the eyes of L4Y.
Finally, let us check the preparations;
Kickoff Meeting (KoM) is the first formal meeting of a project.
To sum up, what has happened so far? We met a few weeks before to know each other, and everybody understood their role and tasks.
At the same time, we made decisions on the tools for example;
- project communications platform as slack.
- web page
- we used doodle application to find the best time for all partners. Certainly, it is not easy to organize a time for a group of people. We tried three times to set it up.
To clarify, check what partners will do;
- prepare and present your organization
- prepare work package if you are responsible with one.
- send your logo to coordinator.
- send your organizations informations, like website and social media links
- be ready in the meeting.
Tasks of the coordinator
As L4Y, it is our first KA2 project and KoM. But, we are lucky to coordinate a project with experienced partners. In short, here is the list of tasks;
- prepare the Agenda for the KoM.
- organize a doodle to find the best time.
- When the best time decided; inform partners with an e-mail, and from slack.
- if it is online meeting share the link. Otherwise you need to do arrangements for an in-site meeting.
- prepare a one page note consist of all the links and agenda of the meeting. Both, printed and digital copy is necessary for moderation.
- keep time during the meeting.
- one of team members moderate the meeting.
- prepare the partners agreement (PA)
- take photos/videos as evidence. For physical meeting attendance sign-list is required.
- prepare and share certificate of attendance.
- prepare Timesheets of working staff
Additionally, prepare the minutes file that consists of deadlines
It began with the opening speech of the coordinator.
- Opening: To clarify the meeting rules; L4Y made the opening speech.
- BOSEV, CESIE, CIP, Growth Coop, KMOP, L4Y, OVAR FORMA and SPEL
- Project Overview: (L4Y)
- Coffee Break.
- Management: (SPEL)
- Lunch break.
- Quality Assurance and Evaluation (KMOP)
- Communication/Dissemination (Growth Coop)
- Coffee Break.
- R1 ForestFireProtection – Training Framework (SPEL)
- Final Comments; To-do-list; next steps.
Project Kickoff Meeting: Conclusion
In conclusion, you need to consider many different challenges for organising a project kickoff meeting. But, you can achieve it if you work as a team and are disciplined. Also, do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter. Meanwhile, you can read this article in German. Finally, do not hesitate to contact us.